Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Time Lapse of a Painting by Patrick Smith

Time Lapse of a Painting

Add to My Profile | More Videos | View on YouTube

Here's a time lapse I did of a recent canvas. I tried really hard to do this painting in one sitting, but we had to break it up into four days. (well, there's actually a pencil drawing under everything that took an additional two days). This painting, as well as over 20 other works, and an installation of animation, will be exhibited in my first solo show this September, here in New York, more to come on that. In the movie with me is my fab assistant Noelle Vaccese, check her stuff out here. The painting measures 36" wide and 72" high, I'm using pencil, acrylic and enamel. If you're interested in a proper photo of this or any other of my paintings let me know.