Monday, February 4, 2008

NYC Performer Reggie Watts....

I saw this dude in a variety show here in Tribeca last month, and it was insane. He's a brilliant experimental musician, and his stuff just pulls you in. it's totally addictive. I'll try to describe his stuff... it's a mixture of human beat box, pop culture movie references, comedy and improv, with some kind of sampler machine. I was blown away to learn that he does most of his stuff add lib. and most importantly, it's just some groovin' home grown beats. really, check this dude out. In addition, I was walking down Rivington st the other night with Amid Amidi and we bumped into him and his buddies, i told him his stuff was nuts, and he seemed like a legit fella. i'd kill to collaborate with this dude. I'm borderline obsessed with experimental music like this, partly due to my collaboration with Karl vonKries for "Masks", which is going well. ciao